Applications for fall and year-long scholarships are now closed.
Scholarships for spring semester classes open October 1.
In order to be awarded a scholarship, students must complete an application by the appropriate deadline.
For students requesting aid for Apprentice, Spotlight, Acting or Dance classes, the application includes a Letter of Recommendation and a Video Audition.
Below are the guidelines for video auditions according to class. You will be prompted to upload your video within the application.
APPRENTICE & SPOTLIGHT CLASSES
Song Video Audition
- Please submit a video of the student singing 30 seconds – 1 minute of a song from a musical
- Song Suggestions: “The Bare Necessities” from The Jungle Book, “Tomorrow” from Annie, “Everlasting” from Tuck Everlasting, “Part of Your World” from Little Mermaid, “Happiness” from You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown and “Spoonful of Sugar” from Mary Poppins
- Musicnotes.com is a great resource for this audition
ACTING 1, 2 OR 3 CLASSES
Monologue or poem Video Audition
- Please submit a video of the student performing 30 seconds – 1 minute of a monologue or poem
- Please submit a video of the student performing a basic dance audition
- Include a combination with a turn (pirouette, chaine, etc), box step and grapevine, or upload a dance reel.
Letter of Recommendation Guidelines (REQUIRED FOR CLASSES LISTED ABOBVE ONLY)
The student will ask a teacher or coach who knows them well to write a brief recommendation for them. You may either upload the letter into your application or have your recommender email email@example.com – please include ‘SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION’ and the student’s name in the subject line.